Provides a single DM 8G+® or HDBaseT® input for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular input card slots. Handles 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video signals.
The DMC-4KZ-C is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G+® input, with complementary HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. Using a single CAT type twisted pair cable, the DM 8G+ input enables the connection of a DM 8G+ transmitter, the output of another DM® switcher, or an HDBaseT® certified source.
4K60 4:4:4 and HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” cards and endpoints enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based cards, transmitters, and receivers. The DMC-4KZ-C is designed to replace an existing DMC-4K-C or DMC-4K-C-HDCP2 input card without requiring any extra configuration or programming.
DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single 4K DM 8G+® input
- HDBaseT® compatible - enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (high dynamic range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM® Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330ft (100m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230ft (70m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165ft (50m) using CAT5e
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows de-embedding of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Enables device control via CEC
- Supports PoDM and HDBaseT PoE power sourcing
- Occupies a single DM switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G+ receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface