Provides a single HDMI® input for any DigitalMedia™ Switcher with modular input card slots. Supports 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR video sources. Includes stereo downmixing of multichannel input signals to enable simultaneous distribution of multichannel and 2-channel audio.
The DMC-4KZ-HD-DSP is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one HDMI® input, with complementary HDMI pass-through and analog audio outputs. A USB HID port is also provided. The HDMI input handles Full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K, and 4K video signals with support for HDCP 2.2, HDR10, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. The HDMI input can also handle DVI and Dual-Mode DisplayPort signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
The DMC-4KZ-HD-DSP provides all of the features of the DMC-4KZ-HD with the addition of downmixing to enable the simultaneous distribution of multichannel 7.1 surround sound and 2-channel stereo signals. It is recommended for use with surround sound sources to allow the original multichannel signal to be distributed to rooms with surround sound systems, while simultaneously distributing a 2-channel downmix signal to stereo-only rooms and devices.
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” cards and endpoints enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. DM 4KZ technology employs VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to enhance the capabilities of DigitalMedia to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line-based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals. DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing a DM 4KZ based transmitter or input card at each source connection and a DM 4KZ based receiver or output card at each display connection.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single 4K HDMI® input
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (high dynamic range) video (HDR10)
- Handles 3D video and deep color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Includes an HDMI output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows de-embedding of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Built-in downmixing enables simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals
- Provides up to 120ms delay adjustment of the downmix signal
- Enables device control via CEC
- Enables USB HID signal extension for a local computer
- Compatible with Crestron USB over Ethernet extenders
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides an HDMI problem solving solution using the optional DMCI card interface