AMX ADDS LOCATION-BASED ASSET TRACKING,
NEW REPORTS TO RESOURCE MANAGEMENT SUITE
Software Leverages RFID Technology to Extend Asset Management Capabilities
LAS VEGAS – June 18, 2008
– Today, AMX® announced new features for the next version of its popular Resource Management Suite® (RMS) – the most robust software platform available for managing, monitoring and now tracking fixed and mobile assets, as well as scheduling meeting/class rooms. These new features include location-based asset tracking – which leverages the company's Anterus™ RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) solution – additional report options, a more powerful search engine and even greater scalability. AMX is demonstrating RMS 3.2 in AMX booth C2902 at InfoComm 2008, being held in Las Vegas June 18 – 20.
Managing, monitoring and tracking fixed and mobile assets and meeting room schedules is an essential process for any organization seeking to optimize its presentation, conferencing and educational operations. RMS is an enterprise-grade family of software solutions providing a centralized, streamlined way to achieve this.
RMS 3.2 offers IT and audio/video (A/V) professionals and building managers a variety of new features to make their jobs easier. These include:
- Device and Asset Tracking – In addition to managing and monitoring A/V equipment, users can now track fixed and mobile assets. With RMS 3.2, any asset - such as tables/chairs, flip charts, podiums/lecturns and mobile A/V carts - can now be registered for inventory management. The physical locations of items can even be monitored in real time using AMX Anterus Asset Tags, which incorporate Radio Frequency IDentification (RFID) technology to provide location-based tracking. Lost items can now be easily found, and instant alerts can be sent when items are moved outside the RFID coverage area.
- Automation Based on System Conditions – With RMS 3.2, a specific function can now be automatically performed as a result of a pre-defined event. For example, the system can be configured to turn on a fan based on the temperature threshold of an equipment rack.
- Additional Reports – Seven reports have been added to the software application, providing IT professionals with more options and greater flexibility for tracking assets, rooms and people. These new reports include Device Activity, Room Activity, Device Location, Device Battery Level, Device Inventory, Control System Inventory and System Users.
- Faster, More Powerful Search Features – Users can now perform a search by any key word, such as device type, name, tag ID or room. This functionality will be commonly used to search for assets required for a meeting or to locate specific portable assets.
- Greater Scalability – RMS 3.2 supports up to 1,000 meeting/class rooms and an unlimited number of assets.
RMS 3.2 will be available within 90 days.