AMX Addresses Next-Generation Solutions for Crisis Preparedness, Environmental Sustainability, and Getting the Most Technology for Any Budget at CoSN Events
RICHARDSON, Texas - March 10, 2011 - AMX®, the leading provider of solutions that simplify the implementation, maintenance, and use of technology to create effective environments, has agreed to partner with the Consortium on School Networking (CoSN) for a collection of Leadership Initiatives. The CoSN Leadership Initiatives are a series of educator-focused, vendor-neutral discussion panels to help education technology leaders address their key challenges.
Speaking of the partnership, AMX Vice President of Education Sales Michael Peveler said: "AMX is honored to join with CoSN in sharing proven, best practices and innovations - implemented globally - that are solving today's most pressing education technology issues. Beyond the power that technology has to create a more effective, dynamic learning environment for students and teachers, it's the tool that will help us realize safer, more environmentally sustainable schools."
Through this partnership AMX will sponsor the following CoSN Leadership Initiatives:
- Crisis Preparedness: Planning for the Inevitable focuses on how to ensure that networks are available during a crisis and how technology can help in responding to a variety of disasters/emergencies.
- Green Computing assists educators in understanding the latest trends and preparing for the future by concentrating on lowering energy demand, disposal of computing equipment, reducing paper and print delivery costs and highlighting best practices.
- Value of Investment (VOI) presents K-12 technology leaders with the tools and resources to evaluate the cost/benefits of competing technology proposals.
- Empowering the 21st Century Superintendent helps superintendents, aspiring superintendents and district leadership teams build their knowledge, skills and confidence as effective technology leaders.
- Small District Technology Leadership creates resources and tools for education technology leaders in small districts serving student populations of less than 2,500.
In addition to these Leadership Initiatives, AMX will be participating in a Crystal Ball session highlighting new product developments and trends at the CoSN Conference 2011 being held March 14-16, 2011 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel.