HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - Dec. 14, 2010 - Cisco today opened Cisco TelePresence® rooms in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, the first such rooms at Cisco offices in Vietnam. The highly immersive collaboration solution combines life-size, ultra-high-definition video, spatial audio, a specially designed environment, and interactive elements to create the feeling of being in a face-to-face meeting with participants in remote locations.
- Cisco TelePresence technology powers a new way of working, where everyone, everywhere, can be more productive through virtual meetings that take place in multiple offices around the region at the same time.
- By building the global video community, companies can do more with less, transform their organizations, improve their competitive advantage, and be greener. Reducing the need for travel can help boost an organization's environmental sustainability efforts: Less travel means a smaller carbon footprint. Reducing travel also gives employees more valuable time, improving their quality of life.
- There are currently 952 Cisco TelePresence rooms installed at Cisco offices across 249 major cities and 66 countries.
- Video and social media are changing the way we communicate and interact. Video stimulates more effective relationships and enhanced engagement. Cisco TelePresence technology enables new ways of working that lead to faster and better decision making, unifying team members and resulting in a dynamic networked organization where expertise is available anytime, anywhere.
- The Cisco TelePresence System includes a boardroom-style table around three 65-inch plasma screens which seats six participants on each side, as well as a single-panel plasma screen system, which offers the same experience, but with a smaller footprint. These high-definition screens enable participants to see life-size images of each other, including facial expressions, making it look as if they are seated across a table.
- This gives individuals the flexibility to join large, multilocation group meetings, or host intimate, remote one-on-one meetings from the personal office.
- The Cisco TelePresence Manager software integrates with enterprise groupware and with Cisco® Unified Communications Manager, so scheduling is as easy as sending a Microsoft Outlook calendar invitation. Calls are started with the touch of a button.
- Since the launch of Cisco TelePresence, Cisco has scheduled 800,931 meetings using this technology, which has saved more than $737 million in travel costs. In addition, the environment has benefited from the reduction of more than 397,788 metric tons of carbon emissions from forgone air and ground travel.
- With the support of Cisco Capital with their flexible financing solutions, these Cisco TelePresence rooms will showcase collaboration technologies to businesses in Vietnam, and customers are invited to discover this firsthand by having a complimentary Meeting on Us.