Rockleigh, NJ, March 16, 2015 – Crestron announced today that its Crestron RL 2 group collaboration solution, as well as legacy Crestron RL systems, will support Skype for Business upgrades. Skype for Business brings together the familiar experience of Skype with the security, compliance, and control of Microsoft® Lync®. In combination with Skype for Business, the Crestron RL 2 and the Crestron RL can enable group collaboration between people anywhere, anytime.
“We are pleased to see Crestron deliver UC solutions for Skype for Business to extend the communications experience in the meeting room and connect people everywhere to achieve more, together,” said Giovanni Mezgec, GM, Skype for Business Product Marketing at Microsoft.
The recently announced Crestron RL 2 delivers the advanced unified communications and group collaboration solution for the conference room. It combines the power of Crestron DigitalMedia™ with Microsoft Lync software in a single device.
Crestron RL 2 uniquely delivers:
· A single solution for group collaboration and sharing with Lync meeting participants
· Crestron DigitalMedia input, for integration with Crestron’s full suite of remote video transmitters
· Auto-switching between VGA, HDMI®, and DM® video sources without a separate video switcher outside of a Lync session
· Analog microphone inputs for ease of custom installation
· The power to control everything in the room from one touch screen, including AV devices, lighting, and shades
· The ability to integrate with Crestron Fusion® software, which is used to monitor, manage, and control all connected rooms across the enterprise